FCP 24p Worlflow Settings? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old September 8th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #1
New Boot

FCP 24p Worlflow Settings?

Hi,

I'm sitting down to begin editing my first shoot since installing the new 24p firmware update. I just have a few questions on the Final Cut Pro 7 workflow options. I'm living in PAL land and I'm looking for the best ProRes 422 custom settings in FCP.

- What ProRes 422 setting is best to convert footage to?
- Once transcoded into ProRes which settings are best used in the sequence presets to customize?
- Does anyone have an exact breakdown of their settings in the sequence preset editor?

Many Thanks, hope my questions are clear.
Daniel
Daniel Corcoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

Here are screen shots of how I set my MBP up w/o AJA KONA or Matrox MX02 attached.

I use slightly different settings on my Desktop systems with hardware attached. I can show screen shots of KONA settings as well if you like.

In the third shot the 1080i is because that is how my MX02 outputs to a HDMI TV, it could be set to custom 16:9.

These settings work well for me on my laptop. I can often actually output this to a HDMI TV in a hotel room.

I find ProRes422 is fine for most work. It takes up a bit of room but it is very clean. Lite works as well. Try them and see what you like. Proxy is efficient but with quality loss.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
FCP 24p Worlflow Settings?-screen-shot-2010-09-10-8.43.21-am.png   FCP 24p Worlflow Settings?-screen-shot-2010-09-10-8.46.18-am.png  

FCP 24p Worlflow Settings?-screen-shot-2010-09-10-8.53.40-am.png  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD