5d Video shooting and shutter speeds and wide angle lens recommendation - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 19th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #16
New Boot

Re: 5d Video shooting and shutter speeds and wide angle lens recommendation

Thanks Robert.

I started a thread & responded there too.
Saif Faris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:19 AM   #17
Major Player

Vincent Laforet suggests shooting at 1/40 or 1/50 at 30fps is more filmic....
I have recently ditched the ND filters in favour of higher shutter speeds, after reading some posts here.
I do not notice any real problems with the image, even with some movement of either camera or subject. But I do think the shots may have less flare, better color representation, and may be sharper.
It may be due to the ND filter quality, but I have been using Singh Ray variable ND and Tiffen 1.2, .9, and .6.
Also, when trying to match a 70d, 5d, and xa10, using ND makes things a little more complicated.
Not sure how high I went, but I am under a rather intense Malian sun...
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #18
Major Player

I just bought Rokinon's 24mm T1.5 lens and its great. It is all manual, however the focus is very smooth, and because the aperture is de-clicked you have great control over it.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD