Buy charger and aftermarket LP-E6 batteries at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Buy charger and aftermarket LP-E6 batteries

I need a few LP-E6 batteries and a charger for my SmallHD DP4 monitor I just ordered. (I own a GH2 and T2i... so no luck there for me...) Can anyone point me in the direction of some reliable, aftermarket deal? (Maybe a combo-deal?)

TIA,

Jeroen
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Buy charger and aftermarket LP-E6 batteries

Don't waste your money on buying non-canon LP-E6 batteries for use in your DP-4. I bought some off-brand batteries for my DP4 and they simply do not work. I use my two original cannon LP-E6 batteries on my DP4 and use my new off brand ones in my 7D. Works great now.
Aaron Almquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Major Player

Arghhh... I was in a rush and bought 2 aftermarket batteries + charger. From a US seller so I'll return them if they don't work out. I'll post my findings.
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen Wolf View Post
Arghhh... I was in a rush and bought 2 aftermarket batteries + charger. From a US seller so I'll return them if they don't work out. I'll post my findings.
they should work, cuz decoded ones work on my 5D and 7D and 60D, but I stopped use them on cameras after one day right in the middle of the shot fully charged battery discharged instantly, I shoot multiple cameras, but still, I didn't like surprise
Old August 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Regular Crew

buddy of mine bought the aftermarket ones and they do work however they just don't last as long as the oem and also they don't status battery life accurately. they are great for backup though, last resort kind of thing.
Chris Talawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #6
Major Player

These are popular with photographers. They charge in the canon charger and read correctly. Never had any problems.
SterlingTek's POWWER Canon LP-E6 Battery Equivalent
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 05:05 AM   #7
Trustee

I use 3 types: standard Canon LP-E6 batteries, aftermarket LP-E6 batteries without power indicator and latest "decoded" aftermarket LP-E6 batteries with power indicator. I have noticed no difference in any of them and all last approx same. The biggest difference of course is price.

The only real difference I've found is the quality between after-market 5D battery chargers and the original Canon model. The original Canon model is far more robust and better made compared to any of the cheaper after market models I have so far tried.

I also use two different aftermarket 5D Mk2 power grips. One works well enough but the weakest point is the flimsy plastic tabs that hold the batteries in place, as these soon break with constant heavy use. The second unit I bought is slightly larger and more robust, with beefier battery holding tabs, and also the added benefit of an inbuilt interval timer, LED back screen, and Remote Control indicator/receiver. All Canon LP-E6, aftermarket LP-E6, and AA battery packs function correctly in the power grips.
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Major Player

Tony can you point me to the battery grip for the 5D that you have that have an inbuilt interval timer, LED back screen, and Remote Control indicator/receiver.

I found one on amazon make or brand by Polaroid that have these feature. Just wondering was that the one.

Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Trustee

Mine was bought new with warranty from an Ebay seller based in Wales. DVinfo frowns on placing Ebay links on forum discussions, so I'll not add it here. There are a few different types with LCD readout & timer. Mine is slightly deeper and less slimline than most, but a little more robust (although not moisture/rain proof, but a thin strip of internal foam rubber lining glued inside door chamber can solve this problem if working in prolonged damp conditions) The internal plastic retaining pins (behind main hinged door) are white and beefier than the tiny black plastic ones seen inside most others, and a red remote infared port at base of front grip.
Old August 7th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #10
Inner Circle

I have two of these chargers. They charge two batteries at once work with Canon & cheap alternatives plus have interchangable plates so I can use them to charge the LP-E8 batteries from my 600D

Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Major Player

I've been using aftermarket LP-E6's, both decoded and not, and they've worked fine. I've yet to see any real difference in terms of how long they last, but shooting over 1000 stills in sub-zero temps all day, I cannot tell which batteries are in the camera w/o pulling them out (obviously, the non-decoded ones are easy to tell).
Kin Lau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD