Sony wireless into Zoom H4N or Tascam DR100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 25th, 2011, 02:24 AM   #1
New Boot

Sony wireless into Zoom H4N or Tascam DR100

Hi everyone!

I'm leaning towards purchasing the Tascam DR100 to record audio for the MKII, and I realize there are plenty of threads about recording audio for the 5D. However, I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this question.

I have a Sony wireless mic system. I'm wondering--can I plug the wireless mic transmitter directly into the Tascam DR100 (or Zoom h4N for that matter) and record directly that way? Since it would be a wireless going into it, could that cause any strange noises and would it be better to have a Lav Mic plugged directly into the Tascam or Zoom?

Secondly, in the case of plugging the Sony wireless into the Tascam or Zoom, would I monitor the audio by connecting headphones to the Tascam/Zoom and, if so, does this mean I'll kind of be "attached" to my subject with headphones connected to the Tascam/Zoom and Zoom connected to the Sony wireless and wireless on the pocket of the subject?

Is there another way?

Apologize if this question has been answered--audio is a learning process for me and would appreciate any info about interview setups with monitoring.

Cheers,
Elissa
Elissa Bogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Sony wireless into Zoom H4N or Tascam DR100

Hi Elissa,

Wouldnt the wireless mic and transmitter be on your subject, and the reciever located away (say on the hot shoe of the cam etc??

If so, the reciever and recorder can be placed anywhere you want.

I cant say if you will get any strange noises with that setup but I would be supprissed if you did. And yes, you would want to monitor through the recorder. That way you know exactly what the recorder is recording ;)

ames
James Millward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD