1st project with my new 5DM3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

1st project with my new 5DM3

Really love this camera! Shot everything at 1250 ISO and never saw the first hint of noise. My old camera is a 60D so that's a pretty big deal to me... maybe not as big a deal to those that already had the 5DM2 though... originally I had planned to hold out for the Black Magic Cinema camera, but I had to pull the trigger sooner than the release date. The crop sensor had me a little on the fence anyway... glad I went with the Canon!

not sure how to embed the video so here is the link:
https://vimeo.com/user9825084/review...349/35aabcfbe4
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 1st project with my new 5DM3

The high ISO performance of the 5D3 is a big a deal to those of us that already had the 5DM2 as there is at least another couple of stops useable. With the 5D2 I would have used ISO3200 as my maximum which is noise free provided that the scene is well exposed. If it's underexposed it looks like crap. WIth the 5D3 I can happily go up to ISO12800 if necessary either because it's really really dark or because I want to stop down a bit so that the depth of field is a bit more useable. One word of caution though as the 5D3 appears to have some really heavy duty noise reduction going on at high ISO & while it is noise free it does get soft when you bump the ISO really high.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: 1st project with my new 5DM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
One word of caution though as the 5D3 appears to have some really heavy duty noise reduction going on at high ISO & while it is noise free it does get soft when you bump the ISO really high.
BUT...a touch of sharpening actually works! Could never do that on the mkII or 7D! Just thrilled with mine too!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD