Resolve Lite 10 fixes pink fringing issues with 5D raw files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old September 13th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Trustee

Resolve Lite 10 fixes pink fringing issues with 5D raw files

Before you have to pick 2 from GOOD, FAST, CHEAP, Now you can actually have GOOD, FAST and FREE. :D

Tested the new resolve 10 beta and so far so great. It could possibly change the way we deal with raw.

See a couple of shots I compared processed by 9 and 10.
The pink fringing which made some users dread a resolve workflow and going to an AE acr workflow which is much time more consuming in the render stage.
Now with Resolve as an NLE as well as color grade app, it might just get rid of the round tripping.
Attached Thumbnails
Resolve Lite 10 fixes pink fringing issues with 5D raw files-resolve-10-fix-ducks4.jpg   Resolve Lite 10 fixes pink fringing issues with 5D raw files-resolve-10-fix-pond-1.jpg  

Old September 14th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Resolve Lite 10 fixes pink fringing issues with 5D raw files

Hello again Ted.

How does Resolve look like as a future standalone basic editor with industry-level effects and grading ability?

This Adobe C. C. rental thing has me a bit wary these days. I'm still on CS5 and was about to go up to CS6 because Speedgrade is natively in the SI2K camera system already along with Cineform.

There's not much point if CS6 is going to become an Orphan Annie.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #3
Trustee

Hi Bob!

I think resolve has great potential. Though right now, titling is basic, but you can do that with AE.
I started using resolve to handle the raw files from dslrs as part of the raw dng workflow, since it is quite faster than using AE ACR for exporting to a codec my NLE could use, in my case EDIUS.

I'm going to take the resolve editor for spit this coming days and I'll report here how well it holds up.

I'm interested to know the workflow as it would potentially save time in roundtriping between different software.
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm still on CS5 as well and considering the move to Edius. I've been a resolve junkie for about the last year and find it much faster than going to AE to correct in Color Finesse.

I have two work flows depending on the project as I still use PP to cut in. Small projects I just transcode or rewrap and start in PP and import source clips when I import an XML to Resolve. Big projects that I plan to grade from the start I will start in Resolve and export to PP and roundtrip in an XML. The reason is getting reliable results back into PP without dropped frames and having audio and what was cut matching up.

I installed Resolve 10 lite the other morning and have given it a good go the past couple days but wound up rolling both machines I put it on back to version 9. Most of the bugs I saw were irrelevant but in version 10 of resolve the XML it exports can't be read by PP CS5. So trying to bring back a timeline with many clips didn't match up well. I also got some color shifting like a gamma shift coming back to PP CS5 that I never got with version 9.

I really like the new improvements made to Resolve 10 lite but it's not enough for me to cut in it yet. I still do a lot of work that is just your run of the mill internet material and doesn't require much in grading beyond the tools in PP. For now cutting in PP and exporting an XML to resolve 9 and round tripping for finishing in PP is a fast workflow and faster on the render over all than using AE. Version 10 isn't playing as nice though and I just can't rely on it right now.

I am however, really interested in hearing how it flows for you in Edius Ted.
Woody Sanford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD