5D MKIII Freezing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old September 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Major Player

5D MKIII Freezing?

I've seen this issue talked about on several other forums but just had this happen to me last night during a performance and am looking for answers.

Using a 5d Mkiii, shooting to a SanDisk Extreme 45 mb/s 32 GB card, and using a 24-70 2.8L. It was about 4 minutes after I hit record. Battery was at maybe 75%, card was not even half full. Maybe 25% at the most. The camera froze & I had to remove the battery to reset and start recording again, and I lost my file.

Hoping this is an issue that has been or will be solved through a firmware update? Anyone else experience this?
Philip Gioja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: 5D MKIII Freezing?

Even though I use only Hoodman cards (the peace of mind is worth the extra price, to me), I format before each shoot. I don't trust the cards once they've been in my computer. Knock on wood, I've never had any issue like you describe.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD