Transcodeing problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 15th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Transcodeing problem

I just bought a 5D iii, before that I just used my trusty XH-A1 with tapes. I got Mpeg streamclip, and 5DRGB, as well as the software that came with the camera. I new to using memory cards, so please indulge me for a moment. I used both Mpeg streamclip, and 5DRGB to transcode to pro res 422 for Final Cut Pro 6. However, the clips I transcoded using 5DRGB from the 5D to PR 422 needed to be rendered in the FCP timeline! The H 264 clips needed no rendering!

I transcoded the 422 clips that needed to be rendered, back to H 264 to get them to work in my timeline.

What's up with that? Why does H 264 codec work in FCP and Apple pro res 422 needs rendering? What am I doing wrong?

Can someone from the collective wisdom give me a workflow that works...... LOL.
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Transcodeing problem

Never mind I figured it out...... seems like Mpeg Streamclip corrupted the transcoding, however, when I used the Canon 5D plugin in FCP 6 there were no issues. Needless to say that will be the last time I use Mpeg SC.

I used 5DRGB but after I bought it and gave a donation totaling $75 found out it doesn't do audio maybe I didn't read the fine print! I don't know about the reliability of that program either, I've seen some YouTube reviews of it that give it high praise that's why I got it but as a guitarist if it doesn't record audio then there is no point.
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Trustee

It does audio just fine.
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Major Player

5DRGB does audio....... really?
Michael Thames is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD