GL2 - corporate-type demo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GL2 - corporate-type demo

In case anyone is interested I shot a demo of a showroom walkthrough for a stone company recently (a NICE showroom), and I'd like to know what people think. It'll probably go on the web with portions to be used in local TV spots sometime down the road if they buy it.

I did this all with a GL2 (sometimes with wide adapter), tripod, and a couple lights on stands.

http://weykervideo.com/video/corporate.wmv

I did post this before in the "Show Your Work" forum but no one replied so I'm reposting here.

Shayne Weyker
http://weykervideo.com
Shayne Weyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I thought it looked pretty good. When you were flipping through the various stones I thought they clicked by a little too quickly - might have given a couple more seconds on each one. Also, not sure I liked the quick cuts from shot to shopt - it felt a little hard edged Of course I guess stone is pretty hard edged.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #3
New Boot

Feedback

Hey Shayne,

Nice job! I thought the best part was at 1:02, when you panned over the white stone. It made me think that moving the camera across all the stones (rather than showing them static) would be more compelling.

What a beautiful showroom.

Sara :)
Old October 23rd, 2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Showroom Video

It's a bit late for input, but fwiw, I thought the project was very well done & conveyed a sense of elegance. I would concur with the comments about timing - it seemed some of the stone was shown very quickly, and others a bit longer. I personally liked the couple of seconds longer exposure, as the grain on some of the stone was very interesting and could use a longer look. Well done!
Bill Spearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

comments

Again, a bit late but I just saw it today...
Very well done, and nicely synched to the music which was also very appropriate....
Len
Len Imbery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders