Gl2 Lanc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Tourist

Gl2 Lanc

I have a Canon GL2 and have been using the ZR-1000 Zoom Remote Controller hooked into the LANC port on the camera. Today for some reason it stopped working. Actually did not even work at all.

I do not know anyone in the small community that I live in that has a GL2 nor do I know anyone that uses a ZR-1000.

Is there anyway that I can check this myself to determine if it is the LANC port or the ZR-1000??

I am hoping it is the controller rather than the port. I use it with almost everything I do and can just purchase another ZR-1000, but hate to think about trying to have the port fixed on the camera.

Thanks for your help.
Galen Garretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen Garretson View Post
I do not know anyone in the small community that I live in that has a GL2...
Oh, yes you do. Or let's say, you're about to meet them. Run, don't walk, down 6th Street to Zotz Digital, one of our trusted site sponsors here at DV Info Net. Be sure to say hi to Brian, Jason and Tom for me. They'll help you to work out where the problem is and find a solution for it. Their contact info is located at http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/#ztz

Boy do I miss getting dinner at Matsukaze there in Grants Pass...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks

Chris..Thanks. I am new to this area and didn't know about Zotz. Gave them a call and said Hi for you. Taking it in this afternoon to see what they can find out. Thanks again.
Galen Garretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:03 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Galen, you're really going to like living in that town... it's a great slice of Oregon and I always enjoy going there, what a beautiful place. Be sure to try the lunch specials at Angela's and coffee from the drive-up window of any Dutch Bros. stand (my favorite is the one in that area over there by Angela's).

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders