Tv adaptor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old July 28th, 2003, 07:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Tv adaptor

This may be in the manual, or I just might be too dumb to realize it,or too lazy to look, etc., but what is the adapter you need to play the tape on the tv?

Does anyone know what it is called?
Joshua Badour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 07:59 AM   #2
Old Boot

RCA Jacks >> SCART adaptor .

In the XM2 kit I got a cable with mutiple single line jack at one end and 3xRCA jacks at the other. Added to which us PALies also get a SCART plug/daptor [ SCART is an European thing!]. Is this the adaptor you speak of? In any event, I just use this cable and SCART adaptor to play my XM2 directly to the back of my VCR, and thencxe on to my TV. Simple! - Now if you aint got the SCART thingy, just plug the 2xAudio [RED,WHITE] and Video [YELLOW] into their respective RCA inputs on either you TV or VCR.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 11:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The GL2 also provides a "S-Video" cable for a better quality video connection between the GL2 and a TV.

Methods of connecting to a TV are shown on pages 95-96 of the GL2 Manual.
Ken E. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #4
Wrangler

If you want to connect via the RF antenna/cable (e.g., channel 3/4) to a TV set, you need an RF modulator. Available at places like Radio Shack.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders