DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Is this possible: Video on PC transferd to DV tape? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/139157-possible-video-pc-transferd-dv-tape.html)

Mary Angelini December 8th, 2008 06:33 AM

Is this possible: Video on PC transferd to DV tape?

I am wondering if it is possible to take a video clip from another camera that has already been uploaded onto a computer and then capture the video onto my GL2 DV tape?

I am trying to find out how I can get my friend's video from his computer(pc) to mine (mac)

I am really lost on the idea. Any suggestions?

Josh Chesarek December 8th, 2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Angelini (Post 974551)
I am wondering if it is possible to take a video clip from another camera that has already been uploaded onto a computer and then capture the video onto my GL2 DV tape?

I am trying to find out how I can get my friend's video from his computer(pc) to mine (mac)

I am really lost on the idea. Any suggestions?

I would suggest an external hard drive. Depending on how it was captured though you may or may not be able to import it into your editor. Depending on what editor he is using there is usually an Export to tape option which will feed a camera through firewire and print the video bak onto the tape and then you could recapture it on your machine.

Chris Soucy December 8th, 2008 01:22 PM

Hi Mary..........

Er, what's wrong with your collective cd/ dvd writer/ readers?

CS

Michelle Genrich December 10th, 2008 12:50 PM

When All Else Fails

When all else fails, I use Aimersoft ....which allows me to (dvd) rip and/or convert to my heart's desire. Aimersoft Official - Provides the best DVD Ripper, Video Converter This also has been quite useful when receiving different formats from people.

Don Palomaki December 12th, 2008 05:58 PM

Mary,

In general the answer is yes. However, it will depend on the specific software on the computer that currently has the video and whether or not it can output to the GL2 via firewire, or worst case via the analog input.

Easiest would be to copy directly from the tape or disk in the camcorder if it is still available.

There may be technical issues to address in the process; e.g., conversion form HDV or AVCHD format to SD, but that cannot be determined form your post.

As noted above, you could also use DVD (or network) depending on your specific configurations.

Denis Gonzalez March 27th, 2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Palomaki (Post 977221)
Mary,

In general the answer is yes. However, it will depend on the specific software on the computer that currently has the video and whether or not it can output to the GL2 via firewire, or worst case via the analog input.

Easiest would be to copy directly from the tape or disk in the camcorder if it is still available.

There may be technical issues to address in the process; e.g., conversion form HDV or AVCHD format to SD, but that cannot be determined form your post.

As noted above, you could also use DVD (or network) depending on your specific configurations.

Like it says... Yes! Try to do it with your software editor... I think Vegas can do it

Graham Bernard March 28th, 2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis Gonzalez (Post 1034841)
Like it says... Yes! Try to do it with your software editor... I think Vegas can do it

Yes . . It is called "Print-To-Tape". The camera has to be in Play(VCR) mode.

Grazie