MX-300, Need screws for shoe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old January 16th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MX-300, Need screws for shoe

The screws fell out of the bottom of my MX-300 and I need to find some. It's the screws that hold the MX-300 shoe adapter into the main part of the MX-300. 4 of them. Maybe metric size I think. 2x56 are just a bit big.

I tried chasing them down on Canon's site but whoa, not real easy.

Thanks

Last edited by Jesse James; January 16th, 2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: more info
Jesse James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #2
Major Player

Bolt Depot had some real esoteric screws I needed awhile ago.
Machine screws at Bolt Depot
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #3
New Boot

I bought an MA-300 adapter off someone from eBay, and it was missing those 4 screws! So I called Canon, talked to a representative and got some shipped to my house. It cost like $8. FYI, when I got them and put them in, the box stayed loose/wobbly in conjunction with the shoe part.. It lead me to believe that something additional was needed, like little washers or something, to make the connection tight. I never found the answer because at that point I sent the MA-300 back and got a refund.

But yeah, call Canon.

N.
Nick Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks everyone.

I ordered some screws from Micro Fasteners. $1.60 for 50 each of part # FMSP2012, 2mm x 12mm Flat Head Machine Screws. $4.00 for shipping instead of the usual gouging.

I tried the Canon route and it was a pain to get help.

Never saw the screws getting loose, just one day the part fell loose and no screws. I have 2 screws in there now but they are too short and barely hold and I can't use the adapter. It seems to be just the screw goes into a metal plate that is tapped inside, not sure if anything else is missing like mentioned above. I'll follow up once I get the screws and install them.

If anyone needs some screws I'll have a bunch left over.
Jesse James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 03:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

2mm x 12mm Flat Head Machine Screws did the trick. They did thread a bit hard so I'm not sure if they are the right thread count screw. I just used a good #0 Phillips head screwdriver. No other parts were needed.
Jesse James is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders