Gl2 Rebate? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Gl2 Rebate?

Hi, I have been lurking around the boards for quite some time but never registerd until now. I just recived my GL2 via ups on friday and have had all weekend to play around with settings and such. Great cam especaly to me because I came from a very basic samsung that I've had for about two years. I'm only 20 by the way.
Anyways, Back to the topic. Just how do I get the rebate for my gl2? Sounds silly but I figured my cam would have come with a card you mail or somthing. What do I have to do?

p.s. I purchased the camera from an authroized dealer. Bestpriceaudiovideo.com
Fred Gullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:05 PM   #2
New Boot

1) Download the Canon GL2 Rebate Coupon (.pdf) here..

http://www.canondv.com/promotions/pdf/coupon_gl2_072103.pdf

2) Print and fill out the coupon.

3) You will also require your receipt of purchase, and both the UPC Code & Serial Number cut from the box.

4) Send all the information to the address given on the coupon ASAP. Rebate ends in a week. (Ed. Note, see post below- MS)

5) Go to http://rebateshq.com and fill out the online version of the coupon (in *addition* to the above mail-in) and submit. This will ensure the proper information has been provided for your rebate and expedite the refund.
Michael Sibbernsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:22 PM   #3
New Boot

To clear up the rebate issue, in order to qualify for the rebate you must purchase the GL2 by September 30th, however the rebate form clearly states that the mailing doesn't need to be received until October 31st. I received my new GL2 last week, and while I won't wait until the last minute to mail in my rebate, I'll probably mail it sometime in mid-October. While I certainly don't anticipate any problems with my camera, I'm going to keep the box fully intact for at least another couple of weeks in the unlikely event that something goes wrong and I need to send it back to J&R. Also, just as a suggestion for anyone who's going to be mailing in the rebate, you might want to consider paying a few bucks for Priority Mail service with delivery confirmation to be sure that your rebate has arrived at Canon's P.O. box. While I would never do this for a rebate of lower value, the peace of mind I'll have from being able to get delivery confirmation for my $250 rebate is well worth the additional postage.
John Fitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 10:27 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks John for the correction on the rebate date. My apologies.

MS
Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:01 PM   #5
Regular Crew

i just got my check today after like 2 months

so it does take a bit of time
Alan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:04 PM   #6
New Boot

Thanks, for some odd reason when I go to download that coupon it does not show up. Guess I will have to print from somewhere else.
Fred Gullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:15 PM   #7
New Boot

That was a direct download link for the coupon. Perhaps hidden on your computer somewhere?

Here is the webpage were the link was found, maybe it will work from there.

http://www.canondv.com/promotions/index.html

Best,

MS
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #8
New Boot

Thanks for all the help guys. I just went to the girlfreinds and printed it out.
Fred Gullett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders