Canon GL2 vs Sony DSR-PDX10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old January 6th, 2004, 06:51 PM   #1
New Boot

Canon GL2 vs Sony DSR-PDX10

Hi,

I'm looking for a good camcorder for film-making, and these are the two that I found around my budget ($1,700-$2,100). I will be using the camcorder only for film-making, shorts and feature length independent films. I wanted to get your guys take on this issue on which one you would prefer me to use. I heard about the pdx10's 16:9 mode, but also it's bad smearing with lighting and whatnot, and also heard nothing but semi good things about the GL2.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, sorry :( .
Jay Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2004, 09:41 PM   #2
Trustee

Try using our search function Jay. There are hundreds of threads on both cameras and even some on one vs the other.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #3
Wrangler

Browse back through the PDX-10 forum, this exact topic has been discussed more than once. A quick look found this thread for starters...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #4
Major Player

The PDX10 is great for careful work, where lighting and shots are at least somewhat controlled (and smear avoided).

Shawn Mielke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders