GL-2 Rebate check?? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old February 11th, 2004, 06:00 AM   #31
Wrangler

Everyone runs on credit. Rebates are set up so that no one pays the rebate until after they get paid for the mdse., and everyone in the mfgr-distributor-dealer payment chain has, what on the order of 30 days to make payment, from the date the mdse is received. Thus the long dealy.
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:20 AM   #32
Regular Crew

I can see the credit card company going in to battle if the price on the website is diffrent than what you were charged, but I just can't see them going after someone for a misleading rebate. To avoid major headaches I would just return the camera and get it from a authorised dealer.

www.jcmediaservices.com
www.kickbacktracks.com
Royalty Free Video Production Loops!
Jason Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2004, 05:34 PM   #33
Regular Crew

I sent off my rebate in late November, never heard a word. Is there someplace I can contact?
Old February 14th, 2004, 09:03 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Walter,
You should have a tracking number from Canon or the rebate co. If not go to this web site. Good luck.

www.rebateshq.com
Steve Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #35
New Boot

I thought that I would share my story. I bought my gl2 off of ebay....yeah yeah i know what you are going to say....anyway it was advertised as an authorized dealer when I double checked with Canon they didnt have them listed. Soooo...I started a complaint with SquareTrade AND paypal. The company I bought this from crapped their pants....said they never had trouble with it before and they would happily send me another invoice, this time with their parent companies name on it.

They sent it, i sent my rebate in, and so far I've recieved an email from the rebate company saying it was valid and they would process my check.
Anthony Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:36 PM   #36
New Boot

Hi,Guys:

Just a update about getting your check.
I just off hook with CANON USA C.S. They verify my check has been printed and will mail out tomorrow.

If you have difficult reach rebateshq.com, call directly to CANON USA. Explain to them how many busy 1-800 calls you make and no mail respond from rebateshq.com. Then they will take your info to look in CANON's rebate database check it for you.

Too sad all CANON users have to go through this.

I wish every one gets his/her rebate check!

Calvin
Calvin Chang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders