Azden Sgm-2x or 1X for my GL2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old February 6th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Azden Sgm-2x or 1X for my GL2?

Looking at adding a shotgun mic for my GL2. Is the Azden SGM 2x too long? Should I consider the 1x? Any recommendations? I shoot mainly outdoors in wooded areas.
Thanks
Old February 6th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #2
Major Player

I've got the 2x for my GL2 and the sucker is long.

You've got to push it as far back as you can in the shock mount for it not to appear on camera.

But that's the only bad thing about it (and it's a minor, minor one).

I love the mic and have used it in many different situations.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 12:34 PM   #3
Major Player

I have a SGM-1x on my GL2, and it remains comfortably outside the viewable frame. I used a tilt-mount (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=88747&is=REG) to give the mic a higher stance as well as the ability to tilt it as needed, which makes it easier to use the handle. Another benefit of the tilt mount is that the screw attaches further up on the shockmount, which pulls the microphone about 1 inch back out of the frame.
I do like my 1x, but don't really know much about the 2x, so I'll leave that up to you. However, I recommend the tilt-mount. It may even allow you to use the 2x without any problems.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders