PAUSE record mode? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 12th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #31
Major Player

In a way, I should try it, but I am also afraid of what could happen as a result. Thus, I go to this forum and asks the questions as a preventative measure so I know I am not doing anything I will regret. I'm sure over the course of time, I will learn more as I go, but this problem is very confusing to me!
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:15 PM   #32
Outer Circle

Sometimes, after spending many hours with the manual, you have to take a chance and experiment. Just don't force anything.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #33
Major Player

Ok.... so the REC search/minus during the rec pause mode replaces rewind and foward without having to stop, right? Which one would be better? To just VCR stop, and then rewind/foward or use the rec search minus/plus? Like which one would be better for the camcorder? Because y'know, sometimes I shoot recreational stuff for my friends and family, and I always want to rewind the footage to see where I left off and stuff.

It seems like with the VCR stop/rec pause now, I have to carefully plan everything for short movies, but when I just want to record some general purposes, not really movies footage, I would ultimately break up the timecode and little minor instances like that if I try to do it the old "fashion way" when I had my old Sony camera.
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #34
Old Boot

David . .Please go and shoot stuff!

I've had my XM2 now for 15 months [ ? ] . . .and I've got probably about 120 minDV tapes . .some full,some partially empty .. some 3/4 used . . some are away with "clients" all have been my body of work and experiential and learning . .please go and shoot .. give youreself a break and learn . learn .. learn . . . really it's gonna be the only way . . David, I lay any odds that YOU know the manual better than I do . . . Maybe I should be askinbg you a few quastions . . seriously . . go shoot some footage .. . from your very impressive wishes to keep your cammie in "perfect" condition, you may be lossiong out on the "fun" side of it all . .do you need permission? Well, David, you got mine . . ;-)

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 04:13 PM   #35
Trustee

Seconded!

Robin.
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders