Custom Cases at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Custom Cases

Does anyone have a good source for custom ordering a couple of flight (ATA Style) cases for GL2's and accessories.

I need to get a couple of cases for my cams, wireless kits, cables, wide lenses and lighting. I'm looking for foam lined where the units are custom cut foam and my equipment will fit in snug.

Anyone with a good experience on this please let me know. I worked for a music retailer years ago and have contacted a case company that I used to work with and they're willing however they don't really have experience with this type of equipment, only with keyboards and guitars etc.

I suppose that I can measure all the equipment myself and forward them the dimensions. I'd however prefer to deal with someone that does this all the time for our industry and has all the standards.

Thanks in advance...
Miguel Lombana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Check with Tom at www.Zotzdigital.com , I got an excellent hard case, water proof, foam lined with cutouts for the GL2 and accessories. Made by Underwater Kinetics, CA, $125 if I remember rightly.
Colin Rayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:31 AM   #3
Trustee

Peli cases are the way to go. Strong, water-resistant as well as pressurised. Choice of colours and sizes and all with foam interior which you tear out to suit your needs.
http://www.pelican-cases.com/cases.html

Robin.
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders