GL2 & Amazon at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #1
New Boot

GL2 & Amazon

Hi all,
I'm looking to see if anyone here by any chance purchased their GL2 from Amazon...? I'm in the market for a GL2, I consider Amazon a very trustworthy source, and they have a competitive price, BUT they aren't authorized. A rep at Canon said they wouldn't honor the rebate unless Amazon could provide proof of where they got the camera. I wrote to Amazon to see if they could do that, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Thoughts? I can't imagine Amazon of all places selling gray market goods. So has anyone here had a good/bad experience buying their camera from there? I don't mean any disrespect to the site's sponsors with my query, but I have $250 in Amazon credit and figure this would be the perfect way to spend it.

Thanks!
Justin
Justin Montanino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I don't know much about Amazon but I am in the market for a GL2. I checked out Zotz prices and they offer the rebate. I know that's not your question. Does that mean Zotz is a canon authorized dealer? I am intrested in the reply to the Amazon question.
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm pretty sure you can use the rebate since they advertise it on the Amazon site.
Gerald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:29 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Quote:
BUT they aren't authorized. A rep at Canon said they wouldn't honor the rebate unless Amazon could provide proof of where they got the camera.
There's your answer. Why take a chance? Go with our sponsors for peace of mind and support for dvinfo.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders