GL2 Remote ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old May 11th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #1
Tourist

GL2 Remote ?

I am having problems getting he remote to work. It worked one (1) time right after I bought the camera in March 2004. Have checked the batteries, the strap is not an issue and the manual is no help concerning this.
it is not like I use the thing all that often however it would be nice to have when I do want to use it.
I am currently in Afghanistan and Pakistan so for me to send the remote back for warranty is a long process. i am not willing / able to send the camera back as I use it on a daily basis to supplement my stills.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

J.
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hello Jay,
First I would double-check to make sure that the remote is sending a signal. This is easy to do. Simply point it at the GL2's lens, press a button on the remote, and see if you see a burst of blinking light from the remote as you watch through the camera's viewfinder.

Assuming that's ok, the next check it to make sure that the camera's i.r. sensor, between the sides of the handle mic, isn't blocked.

Last, make sure that the remote sensor is activated (on the System menu).

Failing all of that...<shrug>.

Stay safe, Jay.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #3
Major Player

I trust the battery is inserted not upside down.
Bill Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Both the remote and the camera have remote settings for #1 and #2 so that 2 different cameras can be controlled with the same remote without interferring with each other. It is possible that the settings have been changed on the remote or the camera.
Kelvin Kelm is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders