gl-1 mic question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old July 18th, 2004, 06:30 AM   #1
Trustee

gl-1 mic question

I've posted this question on the audio board, but since I have a GL-1, i wanted to ask here also.
I'm ready to buy a good shotgun, and had narrowed it down to the me66 or the at897.I was told that both of these were too long for the gl-1. There is no place here ( South Fl.) that stocks these, so I can't try them. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Also, a sales guy at Gotham Sound told me about the "Tiny Mike" by Ambient. http://www.ambient.de/frame_e.html. Anyone know anything about this?
thanks
Bruce S. Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #2
Major Player

I am using a ME66 mounted using a MA300 on my GL2 and it fits fine even with the wide angle lens and furry windscreen.

HTH
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:23 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks, Jeff. I tried out some mics today, and there was no problem with the length( although the akg blue line shotgun looks awfully goofy...
Bruce S. Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders