Deleting Still Images From The Finder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old August 2nd, 2002, 08:38 AM   #1
New Boot

Deleting Still Images From The Finder

Hi,
I just opened my GL2 with the Mac OS X Finder and dragged all my photos into the trash.

When I turned the camera on to take pictures, even though the GL2 knew that there were NO PICTURES on the SD media, the storage space that they had taken up was not reclaimed.

So to fix this I hooked up the GL2 back to the Mac and dragged the pictures back onto the GL2. Then I used the GL2's menu to delete all the photos.

When I went back into Camera mode my space was reclaimed.

Did I miss something?

After I deleted the photos by dragging them to the trash was I supposed to empty the trash? Would the GL2 understand this?

Thanks,
--Steve
Steve Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2002, 08:43 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I suspect that you had to empty the trash to reclaim the space just like you would with any other removable storage device. To your Mac the GL2 (actually, it's flash card) probably looks just like any other disk drive.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2002, 09:07 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks.

I figured.

I'll try it again, after I make sure that everything in my trash is REALLY trash.

You know how you might need to reclaim something from the trash some day?

--Steve
Steve Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2002, 12:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

gotta take out the trash

Steve,
Yes the GL2 understands emptying the trash. The Mac does treat the card as any other removeable drive. Heck, it even stores icons on the card if you drag files over. The GL2 happily ignores anything except for the files it recognises. The GL2 has quite a good and complete USB implementation.
Michael
Michael Westphal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders