Huge Problem XM2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 27th, 2004, 12:33 PM   #16
Major Player

What we get here is not a chroma shift problem, but a green peaking (overshoot) problem. The man's hair/background transient doesn't contain color ans so does the left side of the image (blanking signal).
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:23 AM   #17
Major Player

You're right Andree.

Lorand wrote in romanian that the service guy told him "sir, it seems that you have no experience with DV". So he (the service guy) sugested, by that, that this is a normal manifestation of DV format!
So, I just wanted to let Lorand know (in case he didn't already know) about the 'chroma shift' - normal manifestation of DV, as opposed to the problem of his camcorder. I didn't know it is caled green peaking.
I know you have more knoledge on this stuff, Andree. Do you think it could be solved in 'service menu'?!
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:38 AM   #18
Major Player

No Cosmin, the service menu can't correct color selective corrections.
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:53 AM   #19
Major Player

Lorand, you need to visit canon.com and write to someone. Tell them about your problem and tell them about the answer you got from canon service Romania. Is the only way you can get somthing fixe here. I had a problem with a new Philips TV that I got it repaired only after writing to philips.com. I had some problems at BRD that I only got fixed by writing to GSG from France... people here only work when forced from outside...
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:08 AM   #20
New Boot

so...

I've e-mailed to Canon last week but nothing, no answer. I will mail again tomorow. I don't know where should i send the mail, Canon US or Canon Europe?

Thancks for the postings guys, it's really helping me.
Lorand Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #21
Major Player

CEE_INFO@canon.at

http://www.canon-cee.com/

I've wrote them about the zoom issue I have and they redirected me to canon.ro... So you should tell them that you already talked to canon.ro / canon service. Tell them the all story!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders