Chrosziel Matte Box on GL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 5th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Chrosziel Matte Box on GL2

Anyone have the 4x4 Chrosziel Matte Box 440-01 on their GL2? If so I am wondering if its possible to attach it without a lens and not have the microphone get in the way. From the looks of it there is no way unless you remove the mic.

Photos would be great too if you have them

Thanx
Todd Siechen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I just got an e-mail from Safer Seas and they say they do indeed have a special 58mm - 80mm step ring that extends forward in order to allow the box to clear the mic.
Todd Siechen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2004, 08:09 PM   #3
Old Boot

. .. yup . .been doing the research too!

Here's what I've found . . . .

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...rch&Q=&ci=3651

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...rch&Q=&ci=3631

http://www.saferseas.com/vsd/eye/sunshadeexplained.html

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes Ive seen all those pages and am still having a hard time figuring out which products I need exactly. What seems to be making it more confusing is that I think they rate adapters for lenses at the outer diameter of the lenses and not the filter thread sizes. They also have no information on the adpaters distance from thread to thread. Some of the picture help but all in all there is not enough information to make solid decisions.

When are these companies going to learn they need to have thorough and complete information for us to know what we need since we can't walk into a store and see if this stuff works before we purchase. No one wants to get something and have to box it back up and send it back costing more time and money.

Sigh
Todd Siechen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders