dv in flashing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 12th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #1
New Boot

dv in flashing

Hi all, just a few hours ago while i was tranfering footage trough the fire wire cable the electricity went down. The dv in signal is now flashing constantly when in vcr modewhether or not the fire wire cable is plugged in . The camera is not detected anymore by winxp.
After a search on the forum i found one post about this issue. http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...dv+in+flashing

Seems like the circuit board has to be replaced.....
I'd like to know if anyone ever had the same problem.
I'm a little freaked out as i am in indonesia now and i need to edit a videoclip we have been shooting with my gl2. The clock is ticking....

Thanks for any help or input.
Pierre Petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Well, if that Firewire port is truly blown, the obvious (and only) short-term alternative is to use a different Firewire camera or deck for your capture. There is no incantation that will revive it. If the "clock is ticking" you'll have to decide how many ticks to devote to revival.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:13 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for your help

Using another camera for transfer was indeed the first thing that came to my mind.
The problem is that with an unusual twist of faith i am in indonesia using this gl2 i bought back home in canada. In indonesia pal is the standart format.
I did find a black market ntsc handycam that we used for the transfer.
So it seems this is a pretty unusual problem since only one other person in this forum encountered it.
Pierre Petit is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders