Senn 66 and XM2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 15th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Senn 66 and XM2

Hi all,

I've just bought a Sennheiser ME66 for my XM2.
I'm leaving in a few days and I have no time to wait for a Beachtek XLR adapter. My local dealer has a MA300 but I don't like the idea of paying the money he is asking me and besides this I'd like to get the Beachtek in the future. So I just bought a simple 50 cms. long cable to connect the Sennheiser to the camera (XLR to mini Jack) and a five meters long XLR to XLR cable.
Do you think that this solution will be good or the 66 has a too hot output for my XM2 with the mic. attenuator on?
Any tip/suggestion highly appreciated..
pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 05:45 AM   #2
Wrangler

Depends on how loud the sound is where you are shooting. Be good the have an attenuator on hand just in case.
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Don.
It would be mainly voices (interviews using a boom pole) and ambient sound, nothing particularly loud i guess.
My doubts are about the balanced/unbalanced thing.. I mean, a simple cable has no transformer in it as the MA300 or the Beachtek have. With the simple cable would all the line turn out to be totally unbalanced? it would be bad to have such a good mic and not being able to get the best out of it. In case, shall I get the MA300 anyway even if I don't like the way it is positioned on the camera?
Thanks
pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders