GL2 Exposure range not correct at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 16th, 2002, 09:40 AM   #1
Major Player

GL2 Exposure range not correct

Well I am getting more aquainted with the abundance of useful features on my GL2. One thing I can't figure out is that the manual says I can set the exposure from -11 to +11. My camera only goes from -11 to 0 and that is where the adjustment line ends. Is the book wrong or am I doing something wrong? So far I am EXTREMELY impressed with this cam. I was not thrilled with indoor performance and knew that going in, but after reading numerous threads and seeing Barry's advice I played with the settinsg and what a difference. It is truly amazing how well you can get this camera to performa in manual mode.
Keith Luken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2002, 07:29 AM   #2
Trustee

Keith

My guess here is that the reason its stopping at 0 is you are shooting in a light level too low--thus the camera has reached the limits of the program ....gain is maxed at 18db, shutter 1/60 and f1.6...if you switch the camera to manual at this point it will show you the settings...then you can adjust the shutter to 1/30, 1/15 or 1/8 to make it lighter.

The camera should go from -11 to 11.....try it in daylight to see if it works. (actually in daylight with ND off, you may find it cuts off somewhere in the negative range).

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2002, 08:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Barry,

Thanks, as always, your advice is well appreciated, I will try it out this weekend assuming the sun cooperates. Thanks!
Keith Luken is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders