DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   GL2 & XM2 Battery / Batteries (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/37132-gl2-xm2-battery-batteries.html)

Craig Peer July 1st, 2003 12:53 PM

These guys batteries seem to work fine too -
http://www.sabahoceanic.com/

Bud Kuenzli July 1st, 2003 05:17 PM

no problem

I am using two of the 3700Mah batteries from Sabah and I have a 5500 on order from another ebay store. I think I paid less than 40 for this new 5500 and the retail is something like 140 for a big canon brand so I can replace this almost 4 times before I've "lost" money. they may not be as high a quality and may not last as long, but I'm guessing they'll last almost as long and I think they are a great deal so I don't even think about ordering canon batteries. Currently my two 3rd party Sabah batteries are doing great.

Walter Chang July 1st, 2003 05:38 PM

Well, I just won a bid for a BP-945 battery from eagle imports off ebay for $30 with 6 dollars shipping (the battery that lasts 3 hours). Thanks for all the help and replies, hopefully my battery will come out just as good.

David Woodland July 1st, 2003 11:07 PM

Hmmm. I'm just using the bp-915 that came with my gl2 and 2 energizer batteries that are about 2-3 hours each. So I have more than enough battery power for filming rollerblading each day.

Aaron Rosen July 2nd, 2003 08:44 AM

I ordered 3 of those batts. from eBay. Gotta say that I love them. Used 1 for 2 days of shooting and then to review 45 min of the tape on a tv.

I had the LCD open most of the time, the Vi3 light on for 1 hour one night and a Senni mic.

Sill at 1/2. Im impressed. Don't even need to use another one yet.

Vince Skinner July 2nd, 2003 09:04 AM

The batteries from eagle imports are great! I've ordered 2 bp945's from them. They run long and I have had no problems. Plus they're local. It's a lot better than paying 100$+ for the same battery.

V

Stewart McDonald July 23rd, 2003 07:33 AM

https://secure.xl1s.com/cgi-bin/shop...=9070334.18928

Anyone think the bottom battery is any good?

Thanks

Graham Bernard July 23rd, 2003 09:26 AM

Hanel - £60!

I've equiv. BP945 - HL945 - check out this site:

www.fotosense.co.uk/hahnel_batteries_canon.html

I've got 2 of these. I've used only one on a full wedding shoot. PLUS the use of the VL3. I left its chum in the bag all day.

Check out the HL945 discount on 2 of these "puppies". Also make sure the price is inc taxes and p+p!!!

Grazie

Bud Kuenzli July 23rd, 2003 09:26 AM

eagleimports

I have purchased two of the 5500 batteries from Eagle Imports ( I bought them a few months apart) for about $35 including shipping (each) and they seem just fine. I found them on ebay but they have a web site too. I can't say much other than the price is as good as Sabah and they batteries appear to be fine for now.

Vince Skinner July 23rd, 2003 10:53 AM

I also bough 2 batteries from eagle imports. I bought them about a month ago. They're still going strong. For the price I would go with them.

V

John Fitch September 13th, 2003 05:19 AM

BP-945 battery pack...too big for comfortably using the viewfinder?

Just wanted to see if anyone uses the BP-945 battery pack with the GL2, and if so, is it too big for the viewfinder to be used comfortably? The BP-945 appears to be fairly long, so I'm wondering if it's difficult or uncomfortable to position your eye/face behind the viewfinder with a BP-945 connected to the camera. Thanks!

Mike Avery September 13th, 2003 07:09 AM

I use the generic equivalent of the BP 945. It's the same size and weight.

Yes, it is bigger and did take some getting used to, but I don't even realize now it's in the way.

I actually like the added weight of that bigger battery to help hand hold the camera a little steadier.

You can run the GL2 all day on one of those things too.

Mike Avery

Ryan Krga September 13th, 2003 11:17 AM

Not at all, as Mike said, you'll become used to it and not even notice it after a short amount of time. I've been using it for about 5 months and I've never had a problem with it getting in the way.

Joe Sacher September 13th, 2003 05:04 PM

I actually prefer using the big batteries. It gives me another point for stabilization. I rest my cheek right on the battery and that positions it perfectly away from the viewfinder. It is great from someone with glasses, because it keeps the pressure off of the eyeglasses.

Jason Casey October 15th, 2003 09:05 AM

Alternative batteries for GL2? Aaron??

In a earlier post someone mentioned (Aaron Koolen) some alternatives to the Canon batteries that are good, cheaper, and won't ruin your camera. Can you give me some links of which batteries they are and where to buy them??

Thanks