GL2 & XM2 Battery / Batteries - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 15th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #76
Trustee

I myself use the batteries offered from http://www.studio1productions.com. I use the equivalent of the BP-945, their LIC-941. This battery is 5500mAh, as opposed to the Canon BP-945, which is 4500mAh. Which is supposed to indicate longer battery life. I have not done conclusive tests on this, however.

But rest assured this is a good battery that lasts very long even with steady LCD usage, and will not blow up your camcorder!
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 05:04 PM   #77
New Boot

Alternative batteries for GL2

I purchased a Lenmar LIC941 battery
from Zotz Digital (One of this sites sponsors). It is a 5500mah battery. I have used it at 2 weddings and it works great. Costs much less than the Canon version

www.zotzdigital.com

Phil
Phillip Coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 05:49 PM   #78
Regular Crew

anyone know about energizer batteries. I purchased a few of those way back. Like the 2 hour ones and they seem to be working quite well. Although sometimes after I charge it fully it says I only have 1/4th battery left. Weird, anyway, later.
David Woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 05:59 PM   #79
Trustee

I got the Power200 version of the BP945

Site sponsor, B&H have it here

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh6/con...&Q=&sku=227259

It's been a fine battery for the 11 months I've had it so far. It lasts forever - couldn't give you an exact time, several hours.

The only thing I don't like and I'm not sure this is a battery issues as it might be an XM2 issue, is that the life indicator isn't the most accurate, in that after a short while the first "notch" will disappear and the thing might look like it's sitting on half for an eternity. Have no other experience to see whether this is normal or not.

Cheers
Aaron
Old October 15th, 2003, 07:49 PM   #80
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I second Aaron's recommendation. I have quite a few of the Power 2000's and they've had excellent longevity.

The Lenmars are also an excellent brand with a good reputation.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 09:58 PM   #81
Regular Crew

I bought 2 BP941-like (5500mAh) from Sabah Oceanic more than a year ago.
They sell them now for $38 each.
I always run out of tape or light before camera battery ;)

http://www.sabahoceanic.com/vcanon.html

Dany
Dany Nativel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 12:21 AM   #82
New Boot

Hello everyone, well this is my first post....

I recently purchased some batteries from http://www.batteryvalues.com. They were a lot cheaper than the ones from canon, and after a weeks use, they seem to work ok. Will need to see overall life.

Here is the complete link if anyones interested !
http://www.batteryvalues.com/modelselect.asp?Model=1466302

good luck....
Emilio Olivares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 08:12 PM   #83
Tourist

I just got a Lenmar 941 5500mah for my GL2 from here http://www.aaxes.net/products.mpl?act=pd&id=2002-07-15_3738&ref=pgrab for $56.95, quick service, no problems. I haven't tried the Power 2000's (945) from B&H , I figure I'll get another lenmar as this one run's almost forever (but still can't match a Sony :~( .)
David Bohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 01:49 PM   #84
Regular Crew

Thank's guys, now I have lots of options, all cheaper than the ones direct from Canon.

www.jcmediaservices.com
www.kickbacktracks.com
Royalty Free Video Production Loops!
Jason Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 02:08 PM   #85
Major Player

AtBatt.com has the best I've seen, and you can get the 7-8 hour batt for $74.99. They also have a car/home rapid charger for $34.99 and FREE SHIPPING!

I bought two about a year ago and I've never had a problem.
Alex Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:04 AM   #86
Regular Crew

Anybody use these batteries for GL2??

Just looking through E-bay and I was wondering if anyone here has used these batteries for the GL2 and has any positive or negative comments about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=48516

Thanks.

www.jcmediaservices.com
www.kickbacktracks.com
Jason Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 11:02 AM   #87
Regular Crew

I'm have used that that type, but I've seen them at walmart before. If they are 8 hour batteries, they are usually large bricks. That one doesn't appear to be "brick like". Hope that helps.
Vince Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #88
Regular Crew

similar

i have similar third party 5500 mAh batteries for my gl2 that work just great. I don't know this vendor or this particular battery but Canon asked an incredible price for their larger capacity batteries so buying such third party batteries is generally a very good deal.
Old November 16th, 2003, 01:58 AM   #89
Major Player

If you want really good batteries, check ebay for Batt_inc , they are really cheap and really effective. I bought 2 of them already and they work perfectly and long. I'm not sure about 8 hours, but Canon claims 3 hours max on their 945 I think. Maybe 8 hours of simply watching tapes...who knows. I've never timed the battery anyhow, but I've never had to change the big boys out while filming unless it was a different day without the full charge.
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #90
Regular Crew

Thanks guys, I'm still kind of wary to buy them. I was hoping for someone who has purchased them and used them for a while and said they were OK. It took me a long time to save up for my GL2 and I don't want to ruin it by getting a cheap battery and having it cause some damage to the camera (not sure if that is even possible or not)

www.jcmediaservices.com
www.kickbacktracks.com
Jason Casey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders