GL2 concussion damage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 9th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GL2 concussion damage?

I was shooting an event this past weekend and somebody ran into me -- although I saw them charging my way at the last moment and managed to swerve, the GL2 took a minor hit.

There doesn't seem to be any damage to the camera and it all works OK. I'm thinking I got off lucky. This is probably difficult to predict, but what *would* be the symptoms of problems stemming from impact?

And, even though the GL2 is working fine, should I send it in for a checkup just to be sure?

Leigh
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #2
Major Player

One problem which Canon Uk allege stems from concussion is the "auto-zoom" problem which has been well documented on this board.

They claim that knocks and bangs can lead to the delicate ribbon cable being damaged where it emerges from the zoom rocker switch on the tape compartment door.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders