GL2 moon shots at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 11th, 2002, 09:54 PM   #1
Major Player

GL2 moon shots

The GL2 can show craters using its own 20x zoom.
A Tokina 2.5x-5x telephoto was also added.

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater15.html
Bill Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2002, 10:32 PM   #2
Trustee

Fantastic! I had pointed my gl2 at the moon awhile back, and was surprised what I could see, but your shots are great. Good job.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2002, 12:35 AM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Nice moon shots! There's just something hypnotic about seeing the moon's landscape.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2002, 01:29 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Nice moon shots, but I was hoping for something else.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2002, 04:03 PM   #5
Machinist Mate

Hmmm...hoping for what, Frank???
:-)
Maybe you need to take your cam & tripod to a downtown high-rise hotel and look across the way to a neighboring hotel 'til you find some open curtains...
;-)
Old October 22nd, 2002, 04:15 PM   #6
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Or to a hotel near a proctologist's office <G>.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2002, 05:16 PM   #7
Regular Crew

talk about craters!

i was going to make a 'crack' about seeing craters in the proctology window, but i gave myself the willies.
Jason Bagby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2002, 05:58 PM   #8
Machinist Mate

OK, while we are on such a lofty subject, one night last week a bunch of us were on a balcony on Bourbon Street, New Orleans. Many of you know the tradition there...you wave strands of beads at the female passers-by below, and chant "show us your t**s!" and if they reveal the magical mammaries, you throw them the beads as an acknowledgement.

Well this one young lady who had been with us a while and shown off her breastly best till we had them memorized ("mammarized?") finally decided to line up with some young beer-drinking gentlemen on the street and simultaneously drop trouser and do a group moon.

At that point it was impossible to resist saying: "Just say no to crack!"

P.S. I did resist incorporating footage of this scene into a "happy-face" video of the sales meeting which was the reason for this trip to the Crescent City. In keeping with the maxim of "What goes on in New Orleans STAYS in New Orleans" I won't tell you if she was one of our sales people.
Old November 15th, 2002, 12:15 PM   #9
Major Player

Can I ask what settings you used to get the moon shots? I tried shooting some footage 2 nights ago and had difficulty getting it not to wash out and over expose. I tried the ND filter and cranking AE down to -11, but still only saw a little detail at edges the center was all over exposed.
Keith Luken is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders