gl2 novice ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 23rd, 2002, 08:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

gl2 novice ?

i was checkin out the gl2 at my local fry's electronics store and unfortunately none of the sales men know anything about changing the settings in the camera. i found the menu button in the back and i was able to see where you can channge the color gain, sharpness, etc.. there's a couple of things i couldn't figure out:

1) i set the 16:9 guides to yes, yet i wasn't able to see the white frame guides in either the lcd or the eyepiece.

2) i saw the sliding button for fully automatic (green box) and manual. in manual i can't seem to find the menu so that i can change shutter speed, picture gain or manual f-stops. it seems like the store camera is locked on exposure lock.

when i press down and try to scroll the wheel (front of camera) the exposure values go up and down in + and - values but no true f-stops.

where's the f!@#$ menu !!!!!!

mb4
Michael Buendia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 10:27 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

It would probably be easier to point you toward the GL2's online manual than to try to figure out where you want to navigate. The manual shows full maps of the camera's menus.

Canon's camera manuals can be downloaded in pdf format from:
http://canondv.com/downloads/manuals.html

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 10:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanx ken. unfortunately i'm still lost.

mb4
Michael Buendia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2002, 11:05 PM   #4
Trustee

MB

Push in the scroll wheel on the back of the camera, (with green box- p switch set to p) and a menu with all of the exposure programs, including manual, will appear on the screen. Select manual, and you will have control of shutter, aperture and gain with the front scroll wheel, similar to the gl1.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2002, 12:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

thanx barry. i went back to the store and i finally figured it out :)
Michael Buendia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders