Gl2 Matte Box options at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 12th, 2002, 09:19 PM   #1
New Boot

Gl2 Matte Box options

I am very close to purchasing a GL2 camera. I am wondering if there are some decent options for mounting a matte box on the GL2? I remember seeing something on ZGC's site. Anyone have recomendations on this?
Jerry Keener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2002, 06:15 PM   #2
Trustee

I bought the Lee filter Holder-compendium shade combo. Its the one for still photography, rather than the video one....difference is that it is square, rather than rectangular...but it's a lot cheaper and deeper. Works fine. Only downfall is with the gl2, using longer Grad filters is a problem, as the microphone blocks vertical travel of the filter...I'm debating rather to cut down the very expensive grads I just bought. (the video version wouldn't be any different in this respect...nor would any other matte box when used with the gl2).

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2002, 12:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

If you haven't already, check out the one at
http://www.cavision.com/

I just happend to run across it when looking at a wide angle lens post from another thread.

Tom

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders