DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   XM-2 wireless lav problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/50522-xm-2-wireless-lav-problems.html)

Colin Rayner September 4th, 2005 01:03 PM

XM-2 wireless lav problems

OK, Perhaps Grazie can help me with this one. Senn wireless lav, fresh batteries, recieving way too much on left channel and not quite enough out of the right channel. Adjusting the manual settings is not quite enough.
Camera set for 16 bit sound and I have used a mono shotgun a few times in the past.
Any ideas anyone?
Sound to me perhaps a loose connection inside the camera (not another problem!).
How easy is it to get in and have a look Cosmin?

Graham Bernard September 4th, 2005 01:19 PM

Sorry Colin, beats me? - Explain how you've got the Senn Rx plugged in .. please? - Grazie

Colin Rayner September 5th, 2005 04:15 AM

Yeah Grazie,
The Rx to camera via 1/4" mini jack, a short run of 5" to aviod interferance. I made the cable up myself.

Graham Bernard September 5th, 2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Rayner
The Rx to camera via 1/4" mini jack, a short run of 5" to aviod interferance.

What's a 1/4" mini jack? And how does this go into the 3.5mm mic input on the XM2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Rayner
I made the cable up myself.

Are you sure you have wired it up correctly for the input on the XM2 input? Tip/Shield/Ring - yeah? Check the wiring of a known plug, and then follow the same recipe. Check your continuity with an Ώ meter. Sounds like - no pun intending! - a leak to another channel.

Grazie

Alan McCormick September 5th, 2005 11:26 PM

Have you tried the lead that came with the senny? At least that will prove if it is the lead or not.

Graham Bernard September 5th, 2005 11:53 PM

Alan, too obvious! Yes of course - I should have asked.

Where IS the original lead and why are you employing another lead? Have you mislaid the original? I "assumed" you were making a lead up because you "needed" to? And I didn't ask "why"? And my original question was, why the 1/4 mini and what is it?

Grazie

Colin Rayner September 7th, 2005 02:48 AM

Sorry Grazie, used to talking to Americans, 1/4 " mini jack is the 3.5mm male plug for the mic input. (They will have to move into the 21st century sooner or later!!!)
I have reached the same conclusion about a leak, but arenīt where I can test it at the moment. But, do you know if the mic input is stereo or one channel only.
I donīt have the original lead, that would answer the question of where the problem lies, true.

Graham Bernard September 7th, 2005 02:58 AM

Hiyah!

Page 154 of my XM2 Manual .. and I quote:

" MIC terminal input: ø3.5mm stereo mini-jack "

Have you tried the original wiring, as per Alan's comment above?

Regards,

Grazie