Scrambled video capture... please help... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 16th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #1
New Boot

Scrambled video capture... please help...

I am using Sony Vegas 5 with Windows 2000 Professional and the IEEE 1394 interface to capture some video that I shot this past weekend. When I go to capture the video in Vegas the image is scrambled from the beginning. If I stop the capture, or preview for that matter, fast forward the tape, and play I get a good image for all of two seconds, then the image scrambles again. Any ideas?

Flying Ace Software Solutions
www.jimmace.com
Jim Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Jim,
What happens when you put in a different tape that you've recorded successfully and play? And are you using the camera for capture?
Old October 16th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #3
New Boot

It happens with all 5 tapes that I have tried. I am capturing the video off of the camera's tape using Sony Vegas's Capture Video applet with the IEEE 1394 interface. The tapes play just fine when I connect the camera to the TV. Here is what the screen looks like what the normal and scrambled images (http://jimmace.com/gl2.htm)

www.jimmace.com
Old October 16th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #4
Wrangler

Wow, that's nasty. Okay, so you've ruled out the camera as a problem (I wondered if there was a head misalignment).

If you've got another firewire cable maybe try that. I use Vegas 5 also and have always captured with whatever the default settings are. I'm having to assume it's the same as what you wrote because I've never studied it.
Old October 16th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #5
Wrangler

My saying that you've ruled out the camera as a problem may have been premature. I suppose there could be a problem with your firewire port. But try another cable and see what happens.
Old October 16th, 2005, 05:27 PM   #6
New Boot

I purchased a new FireWire table, and everything seems to be working just fine. Thank you so very much... :-) Thank God!

www.jimmace.com
Old October 16th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #7
Wrangler

That's great, Jim! Say, I was in Spokane just last week. (I was kind of lost, actually :) I saw some fascinating buildings and rather stately-looking homes there. It looks like a cool place to live.

Best wishes to you!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders