Canon gl2 no power blown fuse? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 30th, 2015, 08:37 PM   #1
Tourist

Canon gl2 no power blown fuse?

I have a gl2 and I purchased this cheap after market power cord combo pack. Well needless to say I used the power adapter that came in the pack to power my camera without a battery and it blew a fuse. I've tried four new canon batteries all new and even purchased a top dollar canon power cable and still no power. Did some searching and the cheap piece of junk power adapter I purchased in the pack has been known to blow fuses in the gl2. Only source I could find of this info was one YouTube video. Guy got the same cheap bundle pack I did. I was in hopes to post I a thread that someone could guide me or give me input on the fuses and what to change. I am pretty good with soldering just need some assistance with the rest or if there is just a board I could buy that has the fuses already on it and all I need to do is swap it out and how? Hope someone can help me soon and thank you to everyone and anyone who has any suggestions.
Leroy Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Canon gl2 no power blown fuse?

See this discussion: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl...-fuse-gl2.html

Several places on the WEB offer the Service Manual as a pdf download for under $20.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders