Thanks to everyone, got my GL2! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 25th, 2002, 07:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Thanks to everyone, got my GL2!

Hi Everyone,
I finally got my long awaited GL2. Just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful support. Without your help I probably would not have bought the GL2. This forum is truly the most valuable tool a videographer could have. I know everyone has heard this many many times, but it is because it is true. Thanks to Chris and to all the 2,000+ users that make this such a great place. I look forward to spending a lot of time with my new GL2 and this forum.

Thanks!
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2002, 07:11 PM   #2
Old Boot

Welcome aboard! Great machine - still learning what it can do. I've teamed it up with Vegas Video = even more to learn.

Merry Christmas Scott - i've seen you gradually work towards getting one - I did the same, so far so good.

What accessories did you plum for?

Best regards

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2002, 08:14 PM   #3
Outer Circle

Congrats with your new GL2, Scott!
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2002, 11:12 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Grazie!
Merry Christmas to you too! I was so excited about my new GL2. I've been working towards it for 5 months now and its finally mine. I watched some video I shot and was amazed. It was SUCH an upgrade from my old Sony D8 camera. So far all I have as accessories (aside from the standard included ones) are a hard shell case, lens + camera cleaning kit, extended battery, 64 MB memory card, and two tapes! My next step is a ME66 mic w/ MA-300 or a bogen 503 (3460) tripod. Can't decide which one. What would you do? Thanks Grazie. Best of luck to your holiday shots (family, friends?).

Thanks to everyone!
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2002, 11:54 AM   #5
Old Boot

"My next step is a ME66 mic w/ MA-300 or a bogen 503 (3460) "tripod. Can't decide which one. What would you do? "

. . . . - I bought the lot! - My advise is to do the same . . . . you've got a brilliant cammy. It deserves - and you TOO - to have the best chance to create a winning team - yes?

Ah go on! Do it . . . .

Thanks for your Holiday wishes,

Best regards

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2002, 04:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

hi scott,

i wish you much fun with your new gl2 - as much as i have with it.

i would go with the tripod since the onboard-mic of the gl2, even if its not a real directional one, is already good enough for good shots. ok, in some situations its not good enough, but in most standard-situations it works! if you buy the bogen-tripod and have still money left, you could go with the canon dm-50 (i think you know that you dont need the ma-300 for it); i bought it and its a real step forward in comparison to the onboard-mic - it works great for me.
Old December 26th, 2002, 07:11 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks for your advice Mark and Grazie,
Grazie: Unfortunately I can't buy both cause I don't have the money, but thanks for the advice.
Mark: I am glad you feel that way. My gut feeling was to buy the tripod also. I figured the GL2 mic was OK and that I may as well put a 2800 dollar camera on a nice tripod. The tripod will also improe my video tremendously. However, I don't think I am going to buy the Canon mic. It costs close to 200 and I would rather dealwith the standard mic on the camera and get my ME66 sooner. Also I know if I bought the Canon I would probably not end up buying the ME66 because I have a shotgun mic already.

Thanks for your help guys I guess I better start pricing out the tripod. I think that B&H has the lowest prices, but I'll look around a little.

Thanks to all!
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders