DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   what editing software do people use (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/57616-what-editing-software-do-people-use.html)

Nathaniel McInnes January 6th, 2006 10:50 AM

what editing software do people use

hi i use pinnacle liquid edition to edit my footage. what editing package do other people use?

Len Imbery January 6th, 2006 04:53 PM

editing software

...I've recently upgraded to Premiere Pro from Pinnacle Studio Plus V9
....but I'm actually still keeping Studio 9 for burning DVDs
(I know....It's not supposed to work but somhow in my case it does....flawlessly, so go figure!)
Len

Don Palomaki January 6th, 2006 05:07 PM

Still using Premiere 6.5.

May switch to Liquid Edition in the future.

Tom Elliott January 6th, 2006 08:07 PM

I use PPro 1.5 and Premiere 6.5.
1.5 on my fast laptop and 6.5 on the slower desktop.
Yours,
Tom

Andrew Khalil January 6th, 2006 10:14 PM

Final Cut Pro 5 - awesome if you're on Mac. I actually upgraded to mac just for this program.

Sean McHenry January 7th, 2006 01:43 AM

Avid guy here. Xpress Pro Hd for me. Converted from Premiere Pro and got certified through GeniusDV a bit over a year back. Nothing wrong with Premiere, I started with a company that sold broadcast gear and everyone was Avid there so I figured I better lear what I was selling, liked it and stuck with it for about 2 years now.

Sean McHenry

Paul Gallagher January 7th, 2006 06:05 AM

I edit on Premiere Pro 1,5 but still use Liquid 6 to burn my DVD's, seem like a waste of Liquid 6 but my desktop needs a major upgrade to handle it as its so powerfull.

Paul

Graham Bernard January 7th, 2006 07:03 AM

VegHead here! - G

Dale Guthormsen January 7th, 2006 05:53 PM

editing software

Nathan,

I started on penicle 9 went to adobe elements, tried on avid, went to adobe preimere pro 1.5. I really like pro but still on the big learning curve. I use elements as well and it is great for nice short jobs. I just finished a 50 minute contigious music video and it is just fine. A friend works on mac and I have pondered moving over to a mac g5 with final cut express.

gus

Karl Heiner January 7th, 2006 06:16 PM

have pinnacle studio 8+9. bought studio 10, big disaster, returned it, and got myself pinnacle liquid edition.

greetings

Mathieu Ghekiere January 7th, 2006 06:35 PM

Started with Pinacle Studio DV (consumer), then switched to Premiere Pro 1.5.
At school we edit on Final Cut Pro.
But now I'm considering switching to Avid...

Saturnin Kondratiew January 7th, 2006 09:57 PM

p.pro 1.5
Ae 6.5

soon... p.pro 2.0

Chris Barcellos January 8th, 2006 12:11 AM

Editors, many

Pnnacle Studio 9, great for simple edits. However, when exporting to DVD, have occasional trouble with transitions and titles on when showing on my Sony DVD player. The cheaper players handle it fine.

Pinnacle Studio 10- Bought this one as upgrade to 9, and knew it was supposed to edit Hi Definition. Has a lot of bugs still. For DV, will edit in 9. 10 is based on the Liquid engine from my understanding, and this editor should be great if it gest fixed right. Hope future updates will resolve problems. Pinnacle has always worked out the problems in its software after time.

Premiere 6.5 with Pinnacle ProOne RT editing board. Produces realtime edits.

Premier Pro 1.51- Learning this one over after Premiere 6.5. Moved up to accomodate new FX1.

Vegas Movie Studio (Vegas 6) - Also to accomodate Hi Def. Seems to be becoming the popular. Its a new learning curve for me, requiring a little different workflow than the Pinnacle and Premiere time lines. I have a harder time conceptualizing the movie on the line, but can see that the general process may be better once I get over the learning curve.

I haven't decided whether to use Premiere or Vegas my primary HD editor yet. Cineform Aspect and Connect are add on that improve the Hi Def of each. Using Aspect in Premiere gives you close to real time editing, but its about $500...,

David Ennis January 8th, 2006 12:51 AM

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been moved.

For me it's Vegas all the way. Power, stability, and intuitiveness. I used Pinnacle for several years, and I gave Premier two 30 day trials as well as some hours at my place of work, but I just don't like the interface.

Graham Bernard January 8th, 2006 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Retread
I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been moved.

. .eh .. yeah . .. I wonder why? Grazie