GL2 Wavy Lines at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old January 27th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #1
Tourist

GL2 Wavy Lines

I am shooting witha GL2 in movie mode. After capturing my video into Premiere Pro, I notice wavy lines against straight, white edges (venetian blinds, referees striped shirt, white lines in a parking lot. Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do to get rid of it?
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #2
Old Boot

When you say "Movie Mode" which one Frame or Normal? My manual states and suggests that when "Frame" is selected the following is written - "Since the frame rate is close to that of a movie, this mode can be used to create "cinematic-like appearance". So when you say "Movie Mode" is it this "Frame" option? Yes? Ok, well this was Canon's "getting close" to what they say a "cinematic-like appearance". Notice their quotes and the -like. What does this imply to you? Anyways, if you have the Frame option this is to allow you to "see" separate "Frames" without the effect of the interlace of "Normal". Being this pedantic is making me understand what you have at present - yeah?

Ok, I'll have a stab at this: I don't have PP and I never use the Frame option. But I would kinda guess that either you have PP setup for progressive and you have interlace video OR PP is setup for Interlace and you have Canon's Frame and its version non-interlaced. Notice I steered away from actually saying "progressive"?

Do you get the same when playing directly OUT to a TV? Maybe you have a combination/selection of options that have so slowed down the frame rate and in conjunction with a Frame or Normal setting that straight lines aren't being captured correctly. Let's see it ain't your Camera's recording ( a visit to Canon Garage? ) OR the way PP is setup?

Let the Games Begin!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 05:26 AM   #3
Wrangler

As noted above, computer monitors can sometime show strange visual artifacts that are not there when viewed on a normal video monitor at normal frme rate.

Try view the image on a TV.
Old January 28th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Ive had this problem with my small little Canon MV500i camcorder. i found the way to deal with this is by useing a tape head cleaner.
Nathaniel McInnes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders