What Is A Place Where I Can Get A Gl2 Cheap?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Closed Thread

Old February 10th, 2003, 02:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What Is A Place Where I Can Get A Gl2 Cheap??

new or used like $2000 at the MOST
Old February 10th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

So far the lowest (on-line) price i've found for a Canon Authorized dealer is $2246 w/shipping.

Any lower is likely to be a grey market (black market maybe).

Someone listed one for sale in the private classifieds in this forum for $1850.

So $2,000 or under is gotta be for a used, but still "like new"

One of the board sponsers zotz, has an auction every week or 2 on ebay. But I've never seen a bid reach the reserved mark and thus no winning bids.
Old February 10th, 2003, 06:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It is highly recommend you go with one of the forum sponsers, Zotz, ZGC, and protape. Their prices are a little bit higher than some others but the general feeling is that they are more then worth it.

For sellers around $2000 check out pricegrabber.com

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=602981/search=gl2/ut=0ce47f1146d0af45

However, check with resellersratings.com to be sure it is a decent company. Bestpriceaudiovideo I know is highly recommended. For the least amount of hassle and troubles go with one of the forum sponsers though.
Old February 12th, 2003, 11:31 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I got my new GL2 last week. I paid $2100 (including shipping). I love it......
Old February 12th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

You won't find a GL2 new for under $2000 from an authorized dealer (besides, that would be below dealer cost). Our sponsor Pro-Tape offers the GL2 for $2250 which is as good as it gets from an authorized Canon dealer.

See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...&threadid=2813 for more advice on where to buy.

If your budget is only $2000, then you may want to reconsider your camcorder choice. You'll also need a solid tripod, tape, and many other components of the production chain of equipment. You should allocate only about 70% of your production gear budget, or perhaps even less, to the camera itself.

It may be possible to find a used GL2 at that price (post a WTB or want-to-buy ad in our Community Matketplace forum), but the GL2 is so good that seldom arte they ever available used.

The GL2 is well worth its suggested list price, and $2250 represents an outstanding deal. That is your best way to go, with Pro-Tape, our site sponsor.

Note that I'll most likely delete any reference to a dealer that I'm not personally familiar with. The question of "where to buy" is a very sensitive issue which I always take most seriously. Our sponsorship program which makes these message boards possible is funded by some of the best authorized dealers in the business. I would be doing a serious dis-service to potential buyers by not sterring them to our sponsors, who are simply the best, most honest and reputable re-sellers in the business, with highly competitive pricing.

As always, when it comes to the "where to buy" question," as the owner of the message board, I reserve the right to have the last word on the topic, therefore this thread is now closed. Many thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders