Video cinematography classes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 29th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Video cinematography classes

Does anyone know if there are any video cinematography classes ever held in the Chicago or Detroit areas? I'm interested in a one-day or weekend class or classes. I currently have a Canon GL2 camcorder. I do okay using the basic settings. I'd like to get a better working knowledge of the various settings and some hands on classroom experience. I'm not looking for a career change, just some ability to take batter advantage of what the GL2 can offer.
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

classes

Hi Stephen....I attended a Videomakers (magazine) workshop last year in Chico Ca. but I noticed that they had a schedule which was going to offer weekend courses in several major cities across the states. You might want to check out their website....
Len
Len Imbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Major Player

Len,

How was the workshop? I was thinking of attending a couple of thier workshops myself.

Was it worth the money?
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #4
New Boot

try Detroit Film Center... obviously in detroit. www.detroitfilm.org
they have classes in video, film, animation, web and makeup
Old December 20th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Shofner
Len,

How was the workshop? I was thinking of attending a couple of thier workshops myself.

Was it worth the money?
Well, I took the Basics of video....their most popular course and there were a range of total nubies...like teachers who suddenly had the job of being the school video expert thrust upon them....to quite already advanced folks.....I actually didn't learn too much that I already didn't know in theory but when you work with a group all together to produce a finished product with a tight deadline (a day and a half), you get more of an idea about production done with a teamwork aspect....Although everyone gets a chance to fill the shoes of every job involved, it quickly becomes apparant which people gravitate to which jobs....
I went as a partial holiday and learning experience, so I'd have to say that it was a lot of fun, and the people they had conducting the classes were first rate and very knowledgeable as well as patient....
Len
Len Imbery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders