Cheaper Shotgun (than an ME66) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old April 18th, 2003, 12:28 AM   #16
Major Player

Does anyone know for sure that the Azden -1x will show in the frame?
Aaron Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:01 AM   #17
Major Player

I actually tested this by pushing a dowel through my Azden shockmount and along its bottom edge to simulate the shotgun with its windscreen on. I advanced the dowel until I could see it in the viewfinder or LCD. At the point where it just appears, the distance from the front of the dowel to the front of the shockmount is about 9.5 inches.

The SGM-1X's barrel is just under 12" long, of which 4.5" will be in the shock mount. That leaves 7.5" in front of the mount. Even with the windscreen on, it should not be visible.

The SGM-2X's double barrel is 16", which would leave more than 11" in front of the mount. It would probably appear even without its windscreen unless it was pushed further back into the mount.
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2003, 08:31 AM   #18
Major Player

Cool.

Looks like I may get one.

Im just nervous about it not working with the MA-300 without a preamp.
Aaron Rosen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders