GL-2 Lens cap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old February 19th, 2007, 09:05 PM   #1
Tourist

GL-2 Lens cap

I bought a GL-2 for my classroom and it didn't come with the lens cap, I called bhphotovideo where I bought it from and they said it should be in the box. They couldn't help me aquire one. I called Canon and they said the cap was in the box and I told them it wasn't...they didn't believe me...AHOLES!!! anyway I cannot seem to find one. I would like the original cap but would buy any type that fits...I googled, yahooed, e-bayed and posted but noone seems to have an idea where I can get one...so maybe someone has a link to a site I can buy a cap for my GL-2

tnks
Steve Ranieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Major Player

I purchased something from B&H that was missing a component. The first time I called them they referred me to the manufacturer. The manufacturer then referred me back to B&H; so I thought I was in for the runaround.

The 2nd time I contacted B&H, they took it upon themselves to contact the manufacturer and actually made them overnight the missing component to me.

I have put B&H to the test several times and they have always impressed me- I wouldn't give up on them just yet.
Old February 20th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #3
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Most good camera stores should carry a replacement lens cap. You might make do with that until you get the OEM one.
Mark Holland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders