Titlemix video tutorial at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old April 27th, 2003, 03:47 AM   #1
Major Player

Titlemix video tutorial

Now, I probably must have miss something but I did not see anywhere in the titlemix video tutorial where this guy shows you how to do a 16:9 letterbox matte so you can import it onto the camera. The video is exactly what the title tutorial describes - Titlemix. So where is it? BTW, I am using a pal version.

Just saw this remark:

" have created a 16:9 Letterbox file for all you guys. It is ready to go, all you have to do is tranfer it to the SD/MMC Card, and select title mix.

You can download it here http://www.ccpronline.com/USR00005.jpg"

Sorry but the link doesn't work.Any ideas?

I thin he mentioned he had changed the format to USR00004.jpg

Old April 27th, 2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Charles,
I think Tustin Larson, our GL2 title mix master, has already handled this matter. See this thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...5&pagenumber=3

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 10:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Ken ,thanks for the little tip but I did check all of those links and none work for me. When I clicked on one of the links you gave me it asked for some password and username for his site. Now I know most of you think I didn't do the search, but I did and apparently you think I'm trying to be lazy. Now, I'v asked this question a long time ago but it seéms people don't want to answer. I know most of you know. Any way, I'll try some other means to get a straight answer from someone. Thanks
Old April 27th, 2003, 10:55 AM   #4
Wrangler

Did you look at this link? (although it's for the VX-2000)...

http://www.streamovie.com/vx2000.htm
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 11:02 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Boyd. I'll give it try and see it if orks. I'll have to wait 'till this coming week in order to try it out as my camera is at the workshop.
Do you know a link that has Tustin's letterbox matte? Not the title mix but the letterbox version. Thanks
Old April 27th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #6
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Charles,
Ah, yes, I see. Well, if you just basically need an accurate mask you can get one from Rob Lohman's "Letterbox Calculator" page. It's an excellent resource to which Rob, a fellow moderator here, is still adding bells and whistles.

Once you have the 16:9 mask it should be straight-forward to convert it to JPG put it on your SD card.

-Ken-

p.s. No, Charles I certainly didn't assume you didn't search. But that Title mix thread was long and sometimes good stuff gets buried in those long 'uns.
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Ken, That lookes to be very helpful. I wonder why I can't seem to find any links that work to Tustin's letterbox matte. Oh well, thanks any way. This looks good enough. I'll try the exporting this matte on the link you gave me using Tustin titlemix tutorial.
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Guys... Sorry, our servers have been down. The IT guys are working hard to get them back online. I can easily email you the 16x9 Matte file. Please give me your email address, and I will get that right to you...

Please let me know if you have anymore questions, I am here to help.

Tustin Larson
Tustin Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 02:00 PM   #9
Major Player

Thanks Tustin. I have already sent you an e-mail concerning this issue. But you can click on my profile to get my e-mail.
Old April 27th, 2003, 02:09 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Check your mail. I have included instructions on how to get it from the computer - to Title Mix.

If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Tustin Larson
Tustin Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 02:31 PM   #11
Major Player

Thanks Tustin but I havn't received it yet. I'll check my mail again later.
Old April 27th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #12
Major Player

Tustin, are you sure you sent it to the right e-mail address? I still havn't received yet. Here is the e-mail again: c.king@telia.com . If that doesn't work try q8storm@hotmail.com
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:23 AM   #13
Regular Crew

why not in post?

is there some advantage to doing this kind of thing on the camera if you have access to programs like final cut pro or other nle programs?
Old April 28th, 2003, 10:43 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Yes & No. In post, you have more control and you can get alot more detailed! Editing is always the best way to add to your video. But what if you dont have time to edit? Or what if you pre-made the titles for that b-day party? Or didn't want a distorted image when doing 16x9 work? It is a matter of convenience.

Using the Title Mix Function can play a very important role in your videography. For instance; Great for recognition!
You are first on the scene of some major breaking news event, you don't have time to capture your footage, create a logo/bug, edit and export footage to camera. By using the Title Mix, you have your logo/bug already saved on the camera, just activate the title mix! Everyone will know that it is your footage. It will have your logo on the video itself, not a layer that can be deleted/hidden.

Great for letterboxing. I use my letterbox matte all the time. I joke with my girlfriend about switching my video into an epic performace with the push of a button. It's great.
16x9 without the screen getting all streched out! The way it should be.

Just about any titles, logos, bugs, graphics can be made into a Title Mix file. Just follow the steps in the tutorial... very easy!

Sorry for the long post, I am passionate about this handy little feature. =)

If you have anymore questions, please let me know.

Thank You,
Tustin Larson

P.S. I also have a text version of the Title Mix Tutorial, if anyone wants it.
Tustin Larson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders