Pet Places Tralier shot with GL-2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old April 8th, 2007, 06:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Pet Places Tralier shot with GL-2

Hi all,

I wouldl love some feedback on the shooting. I know there are some less than desirable, "rookie", mistakes but I am getting the hang of it!

Feed back is encouraged!!

All my best,

http://www.dogster.com/video/513953/Pet_places
Bradley D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Wow

This is really good... It reminds me of the Travel Channel.. alot..

I didnt see any rookie mistakes.

IMO I thought camera work was great and very visual.

~Tatsuya Graham
Tatsuya Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Old Boot

I saw quite a bit of exposure hunting going on? Were you in Easy mode or Auto? I think the section with the pastry operatives, their faces looked very dark. I think this may have been the iris closing down 'cos of the white overalls they were wearing. Faces are quite important as they ARE the focal point of interest for a narrative. So lighting them OR exposing for them, by manually FORCING that exposure would benefit - yeah?

Your framing look good and your handheld was pretty steady too. AND your sound was very clear too. As you got these 2 factors in "range" I'm having a real problem trying to understand the exposure thing? Or have I got it wrong?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Graham,

Thanks for the feedback. THe camera was in Manual. In teh kitchen there was one Flourescent fully funtioning. It was not ideal but at least we got it done! Overall I would of liked to reflect light from below upwards on the faces but that would have been ideal.

We can only get better!

Thanks again Graham.
Bradley D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 07:16 AM   #5
Major Player

Not bad for a pilot, If it gets picked up you can probably spend a little more time shooting. It was a little shaky for me, and a little to hectic as far as the pacing goes. Take a breath, use nat sound and music breaks, even in the trailer, it will help break it up and set the pacing. You're on the right track.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders