DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   GL2 lcd wont stay shut, and how to complete resewt? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/96410-gl2-lcd-wont-stay-shut-how-complete-resewt.html)

Danilo Faulin June 12th, 2007 08:11 PM

GL2 lcd wont stay shut, and how to complete resewt?

tittle says it all...

my lcd will not catch shut unless i play with it for a few mins.. and even sometimes just wont at all... any fixes on this?

how do i reset it to factory settings?

what did i do that my camera will not play back anymore? only shows the tape moving and says play in the blue play back screen?

is there a way to clean inside the lens? i have dirt under mine somehow... can i dissasemble it?

Thanks in advanced.

Danilo Faulin June 13th, 2007 08:45 PM

45 reads and no one knows how to do any of this?
i cant find anything online about lens cleaning??

Graham Bernard June 13th, 2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danilo Faulin (Post 695971)
my lcd will not catch shut unless i play with it for a few mins.. and even sometimes just wont at all... any fixes on this?

None that I know of?

Quote:

how do i reset it to factory settings?

What?? To reset the LCD screen catch? I don't understand?

Quote:

what did i do that my camera will not play back anymore? only shows the tape moving and says play in the blue play back screen?

You WERE talking about the LCD screen, then a factory reset and now issues about playback? I reeeeally don't understand? And I haven't a clue as to WHAT you've done!

Quote:

is there a way to clean inside the lens? i have dirt under mine somehow...

Do you mean the TARGET lens the lens at the FRONT of your camera? If so NO!!! If you HAVE dirt there then it is off to the Canon shop. Where exactly are you SEEING the dirt? Please be MORE specific?

I was one of your 46 viewers and I would most "humble" suggest that maybe, just maybe they also had a problem in understanding just what you were asking - but I could be very wrong? Actually you are suggesting something else too. Saying - "45 reads and no one knows how to do any of this?" that we can't be bothered or that we are without an ability to assist.

I have taken time and energy to respond to you, please take YOUR time and ask one question at a time so YOU can get what you want.

There are many, MANY people here more than capable of giving up their FREE unpaid time in assisting you - but this process IS a 2-way street. Meaning, I for one need to know more than what you are saying.

45 reads and no one knows how to do any of this?

45 reads? And this IS your first post on DVinfo? I'd say you've done rather well. No response? Guess you should use this as an indicator of something else - yeah? I would.

Oh, and the title does definitely NOT say it all.

So, put some time in and you WILL get more out. This is your first post, I think you could split it up into at least 3 separate questions. Let's take one at a time - yeah? People here ONLY want you to succeed. 45 reads and no one knows how to do any of this? - if you possibly can, try and interpret this in another way - yes?

Best regards,

Grazie

Danilo Faulin June 16th, 2007 10:31 AM

you're right... thats my fault.

let me try to start over and see if you guys can understand me...

My gl2's LCD will not catch when you try to close it... the little pin inside never stays up as it should, so i gotta mess around with it alot until it will close.
im wondering if there is a way to disassemble just that area to get to it, and maybe just straighten out what ever is happening in there.
any help is much appreciated.

Don Palomaki June 16th, 2007 02:14 PM

LCD panel only shows control icons, no video? Just a guess, sounds like you might have a loose, disconnected, or broken cable between the camcorder body and the LCD panel.

It can be disassembled, to do this reliably with a reasonable chance of getting it back together again you would need the GL2 service Manual, available from Canon for on the order of $50. However, they are rather restrictive on to whom they sell the service manuals You can contact the Canon help number to start your quest for a manual. (I do not have a GL2 service manual.)

Note that there is not much point if you are not a reasonably well qualified technician with the right tools.

The Gl1 has a tiny reset button under the LCD door. Not sure about the GL2, you may be able to accomplish this by removing the back-up battery with no power connected for several minutes to force a reset to factory default settings. But that would not likely reffect the LCR panel operation.

Dirt behind the lens is certainly a technical repair, dirt behind the viewfinder may easier to get to, but involves disassembly of that component.