Optura Specs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old June 19th, 2004, 05:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Optura Specs

I just visited the canon dv site. I did a spec comparison between the optura 3, 4, and 500.

There doesn't seem to be any. Except 4 and 500 shoot with less light in nite mode.

What gives?
Old June 19th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

You can also make a comparison on my page at http://www.dvinfo.net/canonoptura/articles/compare.php.

You're right, there is not much internal difference. The biggest change from the 300 to the 400/500 is one of form factor and ergonomics, and battery type. And the on-board light on the 500 is much brighter.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old June 19th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #3
Major Player

The 300, for the price seems like a great travel camcorder. Manual audio control and uncompressed 16:9. I'm impressed. Can anyone comment on the sound quality of the camera?
Old June 19th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Jeff Keller of DV Spot reports that the 300 does not suffer from camera motor noise. See his review here. Otherwise the audio quality is 16-bit as most other DV camcorders are; you'll probably want to use an external mic though.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog