Transfering video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:39 AM   #1
New Boot

Transfering video

not really sure where to put this.

But i just bought a Optura 20, and it only came with a USB2.0 cable...so i had to go BUY! a firewire cable to transfer video...

but my question is i am really new and am wondering how do i get my video to my computer now...do i need video editing software to capture it, or are there freeware progs i can use to just capture it to a file and edit it later?
Old July 23rd, 2004, 11:59 AM   #2
Fred Retread

Of course, you need a firewire port on your computer...I'll assume you have one.

You didn't mention your operation system, but XP's native
"Movie Maker" application will allow you to capture from your camcorder via firewire and do some editing.

You can buy any of the popular editing programs, or download trial versions of most of them, and they will allow you to capture video.
Old July 26th, 2004, 02:36 PM   #3
New Boot

that sucks you didnt get the cable.

i orderd mine from b&h and i got usb, firewire, av and an s video cable in the canon box.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:46 PM   #4
New Boot

yeah i ordered from b&h as well..only usb, and compnent cables....damn it.

but i got xp now...it is all good.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 05:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

When you order from B&H check to see if you are ordering the Kit or just the camera. If you order just the camera, then chances are you are not going to be getting a Firewire cable, as most manufacturers do not include this cable as standard. However, if you purchase the Kit, then the Firewire cable is included, along with some other stuff. Each Kit is different, depending on the camera. And the Kits are something that B&H does, not the manufacturer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog