DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Optura Junior Watchdog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-optura-junior-watchdog/)
-   -   Canon didnīt fix my Opturaīs LCD problem after 2 repairs! Out of warranty now! Help! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-optura-junior-watchdog/32251-canon-didn-t-fix-my-optura-s-lcd-problem-after-2-repairs-out-warranty-now-help.html)

Gustavo Godinho September 20th, 2004 07:21 PM

Canon didnīt fix my Opturaīs LCD problem after 2 repairs! Out of warranty now! Help!

Hi guys.

You canīt imagine how Canon screwed my life on the last 8 months.

More than a year ago I bought an Optura 10. It worked fine for about 4 or 5 months. After this period, the LCD began to turn the image into green. Though the clips recorded on tape were not affected, I decided to send the camera for a repair. Notice: Iīm from Brazil! It took about 2 months to go, get fixed and come back!

The camera worked fine for a about a month, until the problem occurred again. I couldnīt believe. I took the repair document Canon sent me and read that they only lubrificated it. I waited for about a month to see if the problem was going to persist. It did, so I sent the camera for the repair AGAIN! More than 2 months waiting for it!

Everything was just fine when, last week, when I opened the LCD, the image turned into green. I just couldnīt believe. I spent a lot of money and patience and Canon commited the same mistake for the 2nd time. And now my 1 year warranty expired. Notice: the 2nd repair document says that they only lubrificated.

Canon, stop lubrificating my cam and fix it!!!!

Do you have any suggestion about what can I do or know about any similar situation? Donīt forget I live in Brazil, which means that everything is much more difficult. Do you think that if I send an e-mail to Canon they will solve my problem? Do you think they will tell me to send the camera AGAIN to USA?

thank you

Kin Kwan September 24th, 2004 09:58 AM

I have a similar problem with my Optura 20, except the image turns into different colors sometimes. (Not always green) The problem comes and goes randomly when I turn on my camera. If I shake the camera sometimes, the colors go back to normal....Does this happen to your Optura 10?

I never sent my Optura back to Canon because my warranty expired, and I figured since the problem goes away sometimes, I can live with it. But it sure is freaking annoying...

I don't know if sending them an email would help....their customer service is not so good. (or so I've heard) But it never hurts to try.

Jeff Donald September 24th, 2004 10:32 AM

Why was the camera serviced in the US rather than SA? Is your camera PAL? US technicians have little experience with PAL and would not normally stock parts etc. for PAL cameras.

Chris Hurd September 25th, 2004 12:07 PM

Wait a minute... you're right, Jeff, half of Brazil uses PAL-M and the other half uses NTSC. Why would this camcorder go to North America for repair? I thought South America had their own facility.

Gustavo Godinho September 25th, 2004 05:19 PM

The problem is: I bought from B&H. Brazil doesnīt have an optura line. So, I have to send back to US for repair. And here, in Brazil, everything is NTSC, except the TV channels. Our TV monitors are dual: NTSC and PAL-M

Jeff Donald September 25th, 2004 07:19 PM

You need to start a dialog with Canon USA as soon as possible. Send and email and follow up with a written letter. The letter should include copies of the repair tickets you received with the prior repairs. No one here can solve your issues. You need to be talking directly to Canon. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ignacio Rodriguez September 26th, 2004 08:55 AM

Just a suggestion: even though warranty for the original purchase has expired, subsequent service might also be considered as "guaranteed" by law for three month or some other arbitrary periodo. Don't know about US legislation but that's how it works in my part of the world.

Oh yes, Brasil's TV system is actually a "PALified NTSC", it's 525/60i broadcast using a PAL-like radio system, so all production equipment is NTSC.

Gustavo Godinho September 29th, 2004 12:44 PM

Do you know an e-mail I can send a message to CANON?? The one Iīm trying, through the home-page, seems to be not working, since when I press SUBMIT, thereīs no confirmation my message was sent. The windows just freezes.